Skip to content
How to care for cacti
Caring for a cactus is all about time and patience, but it will reward you if you do it right!
- Plant in an unglazed pot with drainage holes at the bottom. This will help with aircirculation of the roots and prevent waterlogging.
- Cacti are “stone eaters”, so use a well draining soil mix with low organic content.
- Keep in a sunny place where it can get sun all day long.
- Avoid watering to often, instead drench the pot completely when it is time. Usually about 1–2 times a month during its growing season when there is full days of sun.
- Let your cactus rest during the darker half of the year by not watering and keeping it in a cool place.